2016/11/29

Thanks to the people I met!

Gema just sent me this one!
------------------------------------------------

We don't meet people by accident.

They are meant to cross our pass for a reason

... by Unknown

------------------------------------------------

This is so true.

So I talked about the nice community they've got in GCH, Green Climbers Home, in previous page now I should mention the people I met. 

Niho san

First of all, I should mention Niho san who brought me there! Big Thanks to him!!

To be honest, I knew a little about Niho san(san is like "Mr."in Japanese.) when in Japan. Each of us flew by ourselves, no flight booking together except I booked GCH for him upon his request.

The first time we climbed was in Ogawayama on 28th, July, with our mutual friend. That was about it. 

Then, without much of thinking, I said "Yes" to Niho san's invitation of "Why don't we go Laos?". 

After I said yes to the Lao trip, we went for a day climb twice, one in Syonin Iwa and the other in a Climbing Gym. That's about it. 

The reason why I went to Laos so casually was that I was curious about GCH.  Plus I am a kind of a person who fly overseas in one week notice, from my previous work. So going Laos was not that big deal to me.

Without him suggesting me the place, I'd never know the limestone climbing can be this much fun!! 

Chen and Thibault walking back to GCH
Tanja

Second, I like to thank Tanja, one of the founders of GCH. 

I checked GCH home page and learned it German owned and I knew I always get along well with German people... I have a working experience with people from various nationalities..., so now I know my instinct was right. 

I always felt Yamanashi where I live for the moment, should be a climbing capital of Japan...since Yamanashi has 5 Piolet d'Or winners, they all moves in, and that must mean something. 

I go climbing gym and come across an alpine climber Yusuke Sato so casually. I've borrowed his harness once without knowing it's him. Locals pays no attention to how good cragging environment are in Yamanashi, but it is. 

I have a very high respect to anybody developed the routes on the crag.. and I also respect female entrepreneur. 

The few of the crag I go, are not open to the public, since I was with developers. One in Syosenkyo, is the place of my memory... I was a belayer for Kazumasa Yoshida, a climber who climbed a first 5.14a crack in Japan... I felt so honored to belay him. He passed away so soon after we met and my heart was broken, since I kind of expected to meet him again. His project was undone. I was so glad a strong young climber said he would take over the project. 

Anyway, all I wanted to tell is that I know creating a route is a hard job to do. and I respect Tanja and the gang for that reason. 

Tony and Lea

Tony had lived in Sapporo, Japan for 6 years and he is such a considerate person and he could feel the emotion of the other people...very unlike American (Pardon my french!).

He arranged our climbing together so nicely; we went to Canyon, with Keji and Kanna from Japan, and Niho san and me.
Tony in Caveman 5c+

He gave me some great photos of me climbing in the Canyon, and I am glad I took his photo in the caveman! It seemed so wild and interesting.

Lea was a to-be yoga teacher and I have been teaching yoga for 6 years now and we share kind of same interest. The way she is was a lot like Japanese, quiet and kept, but she climbs!! I was so amazed to see her climb "Pig hole "over hang, and the word she has used to describe the route!  A strong girl she is!

We all went to the Thahake together and night of the Lao barbecue was so fun!


Gema, Matis, Sati, Laura, Thibault, Yvonne, Chen, Patrick and Wolfgang

To all of you thank you!! You guys are great climbers and fun to be with!

Keiji and Kanna from kansai

I wonder if they are safely riding on elephant... their Kansai intonation made me really relaxed!


Eriko and 4 years old Kaori and The nurse Akko

Eriko and I had a feeling so instantly. We've met for a reason, and I like to keep in touch. I kind of know why we met.

Akko san, please don't give up. 2 years is long and I did too had a hard time living abroad with no language skill at first, but what you are doing is so precious.


Thank you again for your kindness and I had a great time!

The climbing mates; I love you guys!