2016/11/30

Ice Season has come!

■ Back to Normal Life

The last night was my first Yoga teaching class since I got back from Laos.

I felt so good to be there in the studio where the people await me for my class..  Thank you everyone for coming to my class!

When I teach yoga, I feel it is them teaching me what to do.

My class is getting bigger since there is a few maternity leave teachers and the studio struggling to find teachers. We hope to find one but for a while I must hold the class a bit too many.

Usually if I do normal class, the number of the class I teach does not matter, but in hot yoga...I can not teach no more than 3 times a week... since it is winter it may be OK to teach 4 times.

Anyway, I am very very grateful of that I get to do...

■ Ice Season is in

This weekend I am going to do ice climbing for the first time in the season. 

I love ice. I had ice climbed before rock climbed...  I have 3 years of ice experience on the contrary to only 1 year of free climbing experience.

This is my other blog for ice climbing.    http://iceclmb.blogspot.jp/

I think it was wise of me to start climbing with ice since, in ice climbing all the holds are handle, of course since you are holding your ax... so for a person like me with no finger power can still enjoy.

And also the move is rather simple.

I think I will read climb Minamisawa Otaki, 30m fall this season.... I think most climbers likes ice because the rock in Japan is rather short so if you like to climb long, they go for ice.

For me, 30 m climbing seemed long but not anymore.  I get used to long one in Laos.

Now this is what I got while I was in Laos! Peztle's laser speed light. I have BD's screws already but for long route I had added some. This is not at all enough number but I count my partner's too. Now I have total 6 screws and he has 20, that will do.

■ The shade

I bought a bamboo shade that they use in GCH. 

Today I fixed it in my bedroom. How is that?
a shade from Laos

I should have gotten the doormat they use there too.

Well, the next time I go, I will buy one.


■ Big Winter Plan

And I have a big winter climbing coming up in Christmas holiday, so I should start carrying my backpack putting on some weight and start to get used to heavy boots.

There were a sad news that a young college student has died of avalanche and he was a student of Tokoudai.  My climbing mate is a young man in Tokoudai and I had ice climbed with other young guys in Tokoudai, last year in the ice candy festival.

Looking at the name, I felt relieved that it was not the name I know.

I should be paying attention on the weather with a great care... since it snowed in November here and it was the first time in 54 years, they say.

The weather is getting harder and harder to predict.  Experience does not mean anything when the weather itself is going so crazy.

In this winter holiday, I have a plan to peak hunt "Chou gatake mountain", which is the first time Northern Japanese Alps to me. I picked up this one because its location is not too deep, it is easy to get back.

Plus, my radio communication licence has arrived and I have now the call sign!

I have gone to the foot of the mountain the last year at the same season, to see what is like and get the idea how hard it might be.

I am pretty sure I can make it but since when you concentrate on climbing, your feet get weaker and mine has gotten weaker, I guess.

Time for training again!