2020/08/11

The occurrence of climbing accidents in Kyusyu

The occurrence of climbing accidents in Kyusyu

I think the pace is much faster in Kyusyu, than in Yamanashi prefecture where it is almost the mecca of rock climbing in Japan.

A few days ago, a climber fell in Hieai Mountain range in Miyazaki prefecture, who had a way too good enough climbing skills... like 5.12, the Miyazaki crag are developped by some old climbers who had much less climbing skills.. they are now already 80ish... their philosophy was based on WWI kamikaze soldier's. She says she is now hospitalized.

My first day in Kyusyu climbing, the exactly the first day, I saw the ground fall accident in Azumaya... Don't climb "Indian Face 5.10b" if your utmost grade is 5.10b, the 2rd and 3rd bolts are runout. (Link is here: https://allnevery.blogspot.com/2018/04/blog-post_23.html)

Recently someone fell on ground in Hyugami too...Aino area. It's ironic that Aino Area's literal translation is the area of Love, and actually the are has a top rate of accidents because their 5.9 requires 5.10b skill, running protection(bolts) are too far and not functioning as a protection actually.  Love? Who feels the love from such area?  Maybe hate is the word to be replaced.

I think the high accident rate is largely depending on Kysyu Climbing culture, which worships death wishing like Kamikaze Tokkou death air fighter, when a climber is described he is death wishing, he takes it is a compliment than warnings... so I think I do not agree at all to this climbing culture.


The climbing has been giving me the less and less joy into my life and I am loosing my interest also passion to it... it will not change the way they are... they are a way too narcissistic... they actually want to be that way... in my eyes it seem so childish but if they wish to be so, they are entitled to... people has a right to die in a whatever way they want.




事故ペース

私は山梨で登っていたクライマーですが、山梨時代に耳にしたより、九州に来てからのほうが事故のペースが速い。初日からグランドフォールを見ているし、宮崎は事故になってくれと言わんばかりだし… 日向神でも事故があったばかりだそうだし…

いやはや… これは…