2019/09/13

Working in Sky Tea Guest House

Temporary job
I have been working as a temporary guest house keeper in Sky Tea Guest House, for 12 days.

https://www.skyteahouse.com/en-facilities

This guest house is in 40 min drive away from Hyugami Crag but the Owner Jiro, speaks English, since he has done travelling around the world for about 6 years. He says he's done with it and now he wants to start a family.

So he was on his way for his bride and I took care of the house while he is away. The place is bit far away from the crag but I had such a great farm stay!

Hyugami Crag and world climbers

The Hyugami Crag is the crag that all Kyusyu climbers gather... and Fukuoka, the capital city of Kyusyu, is attracting a lot of foreigners, many are on south Asian world tours...  so I thought Kyusu has a potential to be a gateway for travelling climbers also.

Since world travelers are on "general" world tour,  so to say. Climbing trip in series  is like "climbing specific" world tour.

When I went to Laos, two years ago, I met so many climbers on world tour, connecting, Himaraya, China, South Korea, Taiwan, and Thai and Laos.  Climbers are on "climbing specific " world tour.

I did it in miniature version last year, I rock climbed in Laos, then ice climbed in Japan, then went to ice climb in Korea, in February. (https://allnevery.blogspot.com/2018/02/blog-post.html)

I think the world tour is getting popular and popular among European and American people, as we move toward freedom economically.

Tea traveler; travelling as pilgrimage

Not just climbing, I met a woman who were chasing after the places for tea... a french woman was visiting a tea source land, like Sizuoka, Kyoto, and Yame.  She was going after the history of tea, and tea has spread from India to China, then to Japan... she was experiencing the history of tea also, by visiting place to place.

I think this style of world tour will get people more reason to go travelling... to dig deeper and deeper the theme, what ever the theme it is... for me, it just happen to be "climbing", and for her it happen to be "tea".  I am so sure that people will soon chose specific theme to travel the world for.

I myself think, just a general world tour is boring... to be honest.

I have done travelling on my business in my 20's a lot... involving like one month stay in Intercontinental hotel... not just once... in series.  I hired a translator and driver and visited the company executives for marketing researches. It was interesting and I learned a lot but that was all... so I am more knowledgeable on the world than an average Japanese but I saw what's common than what's different... so I lost my appetite for trip. I am more skeptical on a dreaming of luxury world trip around the world. I guess I was lucky that I was given the opportunity to experience such thing at my early age...

Anyway, so far, I am dreaming something more worthwhile, or what I think worthwhile...

... which is to increase "world travelling climbers in South Asia"!

I hope this working at Jiro's guest house had become a baby step toward my dream to come true...

One day, I hope Hyugami crag to be included in Hymaraya, China, South Korea, and Japan, then, Thai, and Laos! Maybe Alaska!

The general information on this guest house is here;
https://climbhyugami.blogspot.com/2019/06/climber-friendly-guest-house-in-yame.html

Free Accomodtion (plaese google translate)
https://www.skyteahouse.com/post/free_accomodation

 Jiro on a small boulder in his rice and tea field.
 Jiro's Kitchen. Classical Japan.
 Chekens are let play all day at his garden and they produce about 5 eggs a day.

Our main source of protein.
 The trampoline in front yard was the best place to sleep unless it rains...
 In a morning dawn... with chickens.  They will wake you up!
 The house is located in the end of Kasahara village.

No house further more... so, it is pretty isolated.

There is one house down below, and old farmer couples are living there... they are so nice visit each other every day!
 Guest are having fun feeding chickens.
  A couple fixing something to eat...


 Traditional Farmer's dinner, vegan!
Climbing in a secret area.


 A tiny frog in the tea leaves...
 Dinner is usually fun time together.